- Cut fish into even pieces to ensure cooking times will be consistent.
- Make the beer batter by gently mixing the beer with self raising flour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Use a fork to mix and do not overwork the batter. Some lumps are OK.
- Coat each piece of fish with rice/plain flour. This will give the batter something to attach too.
- Dip each piece of fish into the batter and place in oil.
- Cook until golden brown and then place on paper towel to absorb residual oil.
Serve with garden salad, chips and a few wedges of lemon.